It is with great excitement that we can announce the return to basketball details. Casey Basketball competitions are set to resume mid July 2020, with a start date to be confirmed.
There will be no Winter Season for 2020, however, the newly confirmed Spring/Summer season will be extended, with competitions being played between mid July 2020 through to 1st April 2021.
Please note, there is NO need to re-register via PlayHQ, the information and dates for Winter will be adjusted by Casey Basketball Association. In the meantime, can you please advise if you DO NOT wish to return for the Spring/Summer season.
For the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone involved at Casey Basketball stadium, athletes and spectators, there will be some Covid-19 procedures introduced.
- Games times will be reduced to two 18 minute halves, with a 1 minute half time, and 1 timeout per team, per half.
- Athletes and spectators will only be allowed into the stadium 10 minutes prior to their scheduled playing time. They will have 10 minutes post game to exit the stadium.
- All high touch areas, including but not limited to, scoring benches, players benches and game basketballs, will be sanitised between games.
- Only CBA basketballs will be allowed on site. Athletes and families are NOT permitted to bring their own basketballs into the stadium.
- Regular hand sanitising before, during and after games is required by ALL athletes, and scorers.
- There will be a limit on the number of spectators per game. With further details yet to be confirmed, it looks like it will be one spectator per athlete, with siblings not allowed on site.
- Spectators will be required to sign into the stadium records, for Covid-19 tracking purposes. These details will only be kept by CBA for 21 days, and then destroyed securely.
- The basketball community will be united in the processes, working together to stop the spread, and protect our members.
Return to training details are yet to be confirmed, as we await advice from our training properties.
As the return to basketball date is approaching, it is important that we gather our athlete’s and team’s information as soon as possible. The club understands that the cross over from Winter members, and the newly formed Spring/Summer members may cause difficulties for our families, athlete’s and other winter commitments, we are here to assist in any way we can, please feel free to make contact with our Club Committee Members to discuss further.
With all these changes, and extension to the season, the club is reviewing the fees structure, and pending confirmation from Casey Basketball, the club will inform you as soon as we have these details.
You will all be informed as new information comes to hand.
We thank you for your continued support throughout these unique times.
The health and safety of our members and athletes remains our primary focus.
Saints Basketball Club Committee